Stand for Something
Aussies want brands to stand for something that matters. Brands that connect to their customers at this level are on a path of success.
How to come up with an emotional strategy for your marketing campaign
Emotional branding is marketing that appeal directly to a consumer’s emotional state, needs and aspirations with a view to leveraging those features of their consumer psyche to convert them into customers and advocates for your brand.
Consumers are increasingly making buying decisions driven by feelings rather than logic. Emotional marketing creates meaningful relationships that result in brand fans. This is absolutely worth the effort needed to succeed in emotional targeting. We all have been wowed by a clever emotional campaign, but it can be hard to come up with one of your own.
Marketers need to truly understand both the audience and the brand’s identity to choose the right approach. To come up with a marketing direction in the emotional space, you have to look at a few factors about your business in a wholistic view.
- What do you want your customers to feel when they think about your brand? Draw on basic emotional triggers.
- Where are you socially placed and which social topics are at the forefront of your products or services.
- What need do your brand satisfy and how do you show that as an urgent problem? Can you use humour?
- How will you go about your emotional stir, funny or inspiring?
- Message for holidays and seasons
Write up a few notes and give it to your marketing team.
Now wait and see how the magic happens…
If you need help in marketing your business, speak to the team at IPG for more details.
My 2018 Marketing Trend Forecast:
- Voice Control Devices
- Stand for something
- Power partnerships of old and new brands
- Technology integration and chains
Digital Marketing – IPGMS