IPG MARKETING SOLUTIONS
Last updated 25 April 2017
IPG Marketing Solutions ABN 52 616 255 737 “IPGMS”) respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which IPGMS and its related bodies corporate (“we” or “us”) collects, holds, discloses, uses and protects your personal information.
- 1.1 the type of information we collect, including things like your name, address, phone number and email address;
- 1.2 how we collect that information, such as through your use of our websites, the information you provide us via our websites, use of our ordering processes (whether by phone, internet, in person or email) and through other sources;
- 1.3 how we use your information, including to provide you with the services you have requested, such as to allow you to access and participate in our websites and online ordering;
- 1.4 any disclosure of your information, including to third parties like our suppliers and companies who provide services to us (and that some may be overseas);
- 1.5 the accuracy and security of your information including how you can contact us to ensure that your information is correct, and the steps we take to protect your information;
- 1.6 our privacy complaints procedure, including who you can contact to resolve any complaints you may have in relation to the way we deal with privacy.
By visiting any of our websites, placing an order with us or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy. References to ‘website’ include the following: ipgmarketing.com.au or any other site, services (including web-services), software, application or media managed by IPGMS or its related bodies corporate.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
If you continue to use our websites, place an order with any of our stores or provide further personal information to us after this policy has been revised you will be deemed to have accepted the revised policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your orders, respond to your feedback, resolve any enquiry, register you for an account, process your application for employment, or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold (“Information”) includes information like your first and last name, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), email address, details of your order, and credit card and bank account (as applicable) details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below.
When you apply for a job with us we also collect some information from you for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a IPG Marketing Solutions employee (to which you have consented). The sensitive information we collect in these circumstances is further set out under the heading ‘Sensitive Information’ below.
When you place an order with us online using the IPG Marketing Solutions ordering system, we collect additional Information from you such as:
- your IP address as part of your order;
- your feedback;
- your entries into our competitions and draws;
- your ordering preferences and previous order information;
- any delivery instructions or comments;
- your distribution instructions;
- if you use an eVoucher we collect your order details, if you have used it, when you used it.
How do we collect Information?
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit any of our websites (including any application managed by us);
- register to use any platforms operated by or on behalf of IPGMS;
- when you “Like” our Facebook page or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through our Facebook page;
- place an order via online ordering (whether on our website itself or in an application);
- interact or follow our social media pages/profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- subscribe to our IPGMS mailing list;
- participate in a survey;
- participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
- register as an account holder;
- apply for a job with us;
- request information regarding our business;
- submit website feedback;
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer; or
- place an order via in-person, telephone, email, facsimile or the ordering system, mobile sites/devices and applications.
Except as noted in this policy, where possible IPGMS will collect your Information directly from you. However, there may be occasions when your Information is collected from someone else. Where IPGMS collects your Information from someone else, IPGMS will take reasonable steps to inform you of this (if this is not already disclosed in this policy). No matter where we obtain the Information from, your Information is collected, held, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this policy.
How do we use your Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- allowing you to participate as an IPGMS member or register on any platform operated by or on behalf of IPGMS;
- processing any job application you may submit;
- providing you with any business information you may request;
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- conducting analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better tailor the ordering experience, products and services for our customers;
- sending you deals, offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you, by email or SMS (by submitting your information online or where you have consented to receiving such offers and information by email and/or SMS);
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our website in future; and
- used to provide you with an SMS to inform you when your order has been completed;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and;
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sometimes we receive data from our affiliates, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) understand our customer’s online, ordering and purchasing activity, and generally make IPGMS a better experience for our customer.
We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customize the ordering experience for the customer.
Application for Employment
When you apply for a job with us, we collect the following details from you: full name, date of birth, whether you are legally allowed to work in Australia, whether you are an Australia citizen, home address, contact telephone numbers, email address, employment record, references (it is your responsibility to provide us with contact details of people who have provided their express consent to you for their personal details to be included in your employment application).
You acknowledge consent has been provided for us to collect and use your Information above for the purpose of assessing your suitability as a IPGMS employee, at the time of making your application.
Credit card details
Internet orders can be paid by cash at the IPGMS office, debit cards, gift voucher or e-voucher, or pre-paid via a valid credit card which must be presented upon receipt of your order. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however they are not saved once the order is processed.
The credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the code (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
Most IPGMS vouchers carry an eVoucher number which can be redeemed via the IPGMS ordering system. Simply enter this number on the right hand side of your screen when ordering online. This information is then processed by IPGMS in order to verify and provide your discount.
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, IPGMS will share your Information with its related bodies corporate and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us;
- our related entities, suppliers and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf (for example third parties processing your online payments, third parties providing analyses of customer ordering, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors);
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- if your personal Information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- if you place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently PayPal provide this service and PayPal is a secure internet payment gateway that secures your credit card number during transmission. For more information on PayPal see: https://www.paypal.com/au/home;
- we may share Information with agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected; and
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Some of our related entities and third party service providers are located in countries outside of Australia (including but not limited to the Philippines, India, United Kingdom, New Zealand, United States of America, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Ireland and Japan). Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law and this policy. However you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your Information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient’s compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
Customers setting up an Account, or managing their Account, with IPGMS may choose to opt-in to receiving communication from us, which may include commercial content such as news, offers and deals. During your order via the IPGMS ordering system, you will be asked if you would like to opt-in. To do so you need to tick the box electing to opt-in.
The database is utilised to send emails containing information such as promotions, targeted offers (including third party suppliers/partners), survey information, user feedback, value offers, news and competitions to subscribers. Subscribers may also have the choice to opt-in to receive communication (including commercial messages and order confirmations) via SMS and, if they opt-in to this service, IPGMS may send offers and deals via SMS to these subscribers from time to time. Subscribers are able to opt-out from receiving further email communication or SMS at the bottom of each IPGMS email and within the SMS.
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see “Contact Us” section below), or by updating your details through IPGMS Account management, your job application or through any other account/profile management platform operated by or on behalf of IPGMS.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as health information or information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
Each time you visit our websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
IPGMS may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. IPGMS may use this information to evaluate and improve the IPGMS websites.
If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, you can find detail on how to do so at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our sites.
Links to other sites
How to stop receiving communication from us
- To stop receiving the SMS service (if applicable) reply to any SMS with the word “STOP”.
- To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
- To stop receiving any postal mail from us, email the Privacy Officer at [email protected].
- To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email the Privacy Officer at [email protected].